<p class="description" "="">Today's Technician: Automotive Electricity & Electronics 6th Edition, Newest Edition from Cengage/Delmar Learning!
Ideal for aspiring and active automotive professionals, TODAY’S TECHNICIAN: AUTOMOTIVE ELECTRICITY & ELECTRONICS, Sixth Edition, equips readers to confidently understand, diagnose, and repair electrical and electronic systems in today’s automobiles. Using a unique two-volume approach to optimize learning in both the classroom and the auto shop, the first volume (Classroom Manual) details the theory and application of electricity, electronics, and circuitry in modern automobiles, while the second (Shop Manual) covers real-world symptoms, diagnostics, and repair information. Known for its comprehensive coverage, accurate and up-to-date technical information, and hundreds of detailed illustrations and vibrant photographs, the text is an ideal resource to prepare for success as an automotive technician or pursue ASE certification. Now updated with extensive information on new and emerging technology and techniques—including audio and infotainment systems, LED and adaptive lighting, hybrid and electric vehicles, and accessory systems—the Sixth Edition also aligns with the NATEF 2012 accreditation model, including job sheets correlated to specific AST and MAST tasks.
- Provides clear understanding of modern computer and LAN controlled vehicle electrical systems with multiple on-board system controllers.
- Two Volume Set: One manual is a study guide designed to help you pass the ASE Automotive Electricity & Electronics Test. The second manual is designed to be used in the shop or repair facility as a reference guide when doing electrical diagnostics.
- Engages readers and clarifies key concepts with highly detailed, carefully selected illustrations, many in four-color, that elevate reader interest and understanding.
- Highlights safe work habits and practices in a full chapter devoted to safety.
- Prepares readers for the all-important ASE certification with an ASE practice exam in the shop manual.
- INTRODUCTION TO AUTOMOTIVE ELECTRICAL AND ELECTRONIC SYSTEMS.
- BASIC THEORIES.
- ELECTRICAL AND ELECTRONIC COMPONENTS.
- WIRING AND CIRCUIT DIAGRAMS.
- AUTOMOTIVE BATTERIES.
- STARTING SYSTEMS AND MOTOR DESIGNS.
- CHARGING SYSTEMS.
- LIGHTING CIRCUITS.
- INTRODUCTION TO THE BODY COMPUTER.
- COMPUTER INPUTS.
- VEHICLE COMMUNICATION NETWORKS.
- ADVANCED LIGHTING CIRCUITS.
- INSTRUMENTATION AND WARNING LAMPS.
- PASSIVE RESTRAINT SYSTEMS.
- SPECIAL TOOLS AND PROCEDURES.
- BASIC ELECTRICAL TROUBLESHOOTING AND SERVICE.
- WIRING REPAIR AND READING CIRCUIT DIAGRAMS.
- BATTERY DIAGNOSIS AND SERVICE
- STARTING SYSTEM DIAGNOSIS AND SERVICE.
- CHARGING SYSTEM TESTING AND SERVICE.
- LIGHTING CIRCUITS REPAIR AND DIAGNOSIS.
- BODY COMPUTER SYSTEM DIAGNOSIS.
- SENSOR DIAGNOSTIC ROUTINES.
- TESTING HALL-EFFECT SENSORS.
- VEHICLE MULTIPLEXING DIAGNOSTICS.
- ADVANCED LIGHTING SYSTEMS DIAGNOSIS AND SERVICE.
- INSTRUMENTATION AND WARNING LAMP SYSTEM DIAGNOSIS AND REPAIR.
- ELECTRICAL ACCESSORIES DIAGNOSIS AND REPAIR.
- SERVICING PASSIVE RESTRAINT SYSTEMS.
- HYBRID AND HIGH VOLTAGE SYSTEM SERVICE.
- APPENDIX A.
Ase Practice Examination.
- APPENDIX B.
- APPENDIX C.
Electrical And Electronic Special Tool Suppliers.
- GLOSSARY OF TERMS.
If you have any questions please call us at (989) 839-4877.