What is JPRO Next Step?
- Embedded in JPRO Professional Software is the optional Next Step software.
- This software, when activated, gives JPRO-equipped technicians the power to automatically access the Mitchell 1 Repair-Connect.net website for Heavy Truck OEM Repair Information & Diagnostics.
JPRO Next Step and Mitchell 1 Repair-Connect.net were developed to save the technician time by eliminating the need to manually look up heavy truck repair & troubleshooting information for the DTC.
- JPRO® Next Step will transfer the trouble code and vehicle VIN / ID information to the Repair-Connect.net website automatically.
- No need to type in any vehicle information.
- On Repair-Connect.net, view:
- Thousands of detailed OEM color wiring diagrams to help solve complex electrical problems.
- View full-color photos that provide a real-world view of many vehicle components and assemblies.
- Trouble code specific diagnostics: The technician has access to probable causes backed up with factory repair procedures, wiring diagrams, component tests, component locations, etc.
- Authentic connector views with pin-outs - photographed at the source- allow the technician to quickly pin point the circuit test and correctly diagnose the problem.
- Use CircuitSelect™ to easily trace, highlight, isolate and hide individual wiring circuits using different colored highlights.
- OEM service information allows technicians to quickly move from diagnosis to repair. Take on repair jobs that were previously "dealer only" because the problem was to difficult to solve.
- Covers most OEM engines: Cat, Cummins, Detroit Diesel, International, Volvo/Mack, Mercedes
- Includes OEM Trouble Shooting Guides in PDF format: Eaton Fuller Transmissions, Meritor WABCO, Bendix , Haldex
- Repair-Connect.net is increasingly being included as part of truck technician vocational school curriculums to train technicians how to use the most up dated tools available when they graduate.
- * ** Requires internet connection
How JPRO Next Step Works:
Once a diagnostic trouble code (DTC) is found, technicians click on the Next Step logo (located on the JPRO launch bar within the home screen) and a new window opens containing service information associated with the specific DTC. Technicians literally take the “next step” from a DTC to repair information - in 30 seconds or less. Information is displayed in three ways, based on the DTC:
Within JPRO® Fleet Products, you can click on either the fault description or the Next Step™ icon to instantly launch service information.
Mitchell 1 Repair-Connect.net engine component location feature as displayed by JPRO Next Step.
- Purchase the Next Step subscription from this website.
- Download the Mitchell and Noregon End User License Agreement (EULA)
- Download the JPRO Professional Support Agreement
- Call 855-889-JPRO (5776)
Fill out and fax the Mitchell and Noregon EULA
Fill out and fax the JPRO Professional Support Agreement
- After acquiring user name and password from Mitchell 1
Click on Repair Connect button on top
Enter user name and password as described
- JPRO Next Step is now ready to use