Recommended by leading service manuals (Bentley, Mitchell, Haynes, All-Data, Chilton s, etc.)
- Affordable Priced similar to a dealer s diagnostic fee
- Compact Fits in your glove box
- Reads the full range of Mini Proprietary factory engine codes specific to your car not misleading OBDII codes
- Resets "Check Engine" and "Service Engine Soon"
- Resets the Oil service and Inspection mileage reminders
- Very easy to use takes less than 30 seconds
- Includes easy to read code chart and instruction manual
- 90-Day Manufacturer's Parts & Labor Warranty
A Service Engine Soon light on the dash of your Mini Cooper (and Mini cooper S) can certainly take the fun out of your day. To quickly and accurately diagnose the problem and reset the warning light, you need a code reader that can access the fault codes specific to your Mini. This requires a NON-OBDII tool, such as the low cost R5/EMX from Peake Research, which will read and reset factory dealer codes and reset Mini s unique dash lights, like the Oil service - Inspection and engine lights.
Why is "NON-OBDII" so important?
There is a huge difference between OBDII codes and the highly specific factory codes. The R5/EMX accesses Mini s vast array of factory diagnostic, analysis and repair codes enjoyed by Mini dealers, where OBDII tools and the misleadingly named Manufacturer Specific OBDII tools simply will not. Keep in mind, BMW/Mini did not go beyond the government s most narrow and basic legal requirement for OBDII code reading in their cars. Therefore OBDII code readers are of virtually no value outside the realm of smog testing.
If your aim is to reset your Mini s unique brand of dash lights, repair, pinpoint and analyze, there is no substitute for factory capable tools like the R5/EMX made by Peake Research Corporation.
A trusted 20-year reputation:
Since 1989, Peake Tools have been the industry-standard when it comes to electronic diagnostics and reset tools for BMWs and more recently, Minis. Peake Research s professional quality tools are simply unsurpassed in value, reliability, ease of use and accuracy. Since 1992, if you open a leading service manual, like Robert Bentley, Mitchell, Haynes, Chilton s, you will see the tools of Peake Research pictured and recommended.
Connect, Select & Go!
Taking less than 30 seconds to use, the R5/EMX requires no batteries, no additional cables, no connectors, no laptop, no software to learn, no special interfaces or downloads. It can only be plugged into one spot, one way. It is truly fool proof - compares in ease with checking your oil, pumping your own gas, etc.
Ordering is easy:
The R5/EMX is available for your Mini up to model year 2006. Your order will include everything you need to read engine codes, reset the engine lights and the oil service/inspection lights, as well as a full parts & labor Manufacturer's Warranty. Start enjoying the pinpoint accuracy of factory codes today, order your R5/EMX now!
- +`Size: 3.25" x 1.75" diameter with integral 24 cable
- Weight: 177g (8.7oz)(with manual and case)
- Compatibility (years): Available for Mini Cooper (and S) to 2006
- Connection: Connects to the 16-pin under-dash plug.
- Compatible Makes & Nations: Mini only / all nations
- Diagnostic range: Reads Mini engine fault codes that trigger the Check Engine and Service Engine Soon warning lights.
- Reset Functions: Resets the engine fault codes and Check Engine/Service Engine Soon Lights; Oil Service/Inspection reminders/countdown lights to 2005
- Communication: Will not program or disturb existing firmware
- Construction: High impact plastic, gold plated internal connections; 16 bit CPU
Documentation: 16 page, printed paper, code definition / user manual
Peake Tool Functionality Checklist:
- Easy Operation: Yes (extremely)
- Read Mini Proprietary codes: Yes
- Read the same codes the dealer sees: Yes
- Read the same number of engine codes as dealer s tool: Yes
- Safe for my car: Yes, it s fool proof even for a determined fool
- Available for all Minis to 2006: Yes
- Reset oil service and inspection reminders: Yes
- Include everything you need to read and reset engine codes: Yes
- Include a code manual with definitions: Yes
- Include a 90-day warranty: Yes
- Work only on Minis: Yes
- Let you check and reset codes at your convenience: Yes
- Instructions so clear they're printed right on the tool: Yes
Operate without interface cables, software, or PC: Yes
- Low Cost: Yes
Work with Non-US spec BMWs: Yes
- Work with Diesel BMWs: Yes