Recommended by leading service
manuals (Bentley, Mitchell, Haynes, All-Data, Chilton s, etc.)
- Affordable Priced similar to a dealer s
- Compact Fits in your glove box
- Reads BMW Proprietary factory airbag codes
specific to your car
- Resets Airbag Warning Light
- Very easy to use takes less than 30
- Includes easy to read code chart and
- Includes storage case
- 90-Day Manufacturer's Parts & Labor Warranty
- No Wasted Time!
For your specific application, please:
Airbag/SRS warning lights are a fact of life in
repair and body shops, alarm and stereo installer shops and at the race track.
Without the Peake Research R5/SRS tool, a BMW SRS light will result in a visit
to a BMW dealer.
Why do I need a specialized tool?
Quite simply the Airbag (SRS) system employs a number of very sensitive
components all designed to keep you safe in the event of an impact. To ensure
reliability, BMW incorporated sophisticated self-diagnostics into the SRS
system. Any minor fault will trigger the SRS dash light and generate a fault
code. Since generic scanners, such as OBDII, do not speak BMW s proprietary code
language, a tool such as the Peake R5/SRS will be necessary to read and reset
the codes and light.
Safety Notice: Who should and should not use the R5/SRS?
As mentioned above, repair and body shops, alarm and stereo installer shops and
weekend racers enjoy the greatest benefit of the R5/SRS. However, from a safety
perspective, most BMW owners should not attempt SRS repairs, as these often
require proper training and equipment. In such cases, the value in the R5/SRS is
in reading codes so you will know what to expect when you visit a mechanic.
A trusted 20-year reputation:
Since 1989, Peake Tools have been the industry-standard when it comes to
electronic diagnostics and reset tools for BMWs. Peake Research s professional
quality tools are simply unsurpassed in value, reliability, ease of use and
accuracy. Since 1992, if you open a leading BMW service manual, like Robert
Bentley, Mitchell, Haynes, Chilton s, you will see the tools of Peake Research
pictured and recommended.
Connect, Select & Go!
Taking less than 30 seconds to use, the R5/SRS requires no batteries, no
additional cables, no connectors, no laptop, no software to learn, no special
interfaces or downloads. It can only be plugged into one spot, one way. It is
truly fool proof - compares in ease with checking your oil, pumping your own
Ordering is easy:
The R5-SRS is available for your 1994-2000 BMW. Or if you are a technician,
choose the universal configuration (1994 through 2003). Your order will
include everything you need to read and reset engine codes, as well as a full
parts & labor Manufacturer's Warranty. Start enjoying the pinpoint accuracy of
factory codes today, order your R5/SRS now!
- Size: 3.25" x 1.75" diameter
- Weight: 177g (8.7oz)(with manual and case)
- Compatibility (years): 1994-2003 (see
Connection next and note 1)
- Connection: (R5/SRS) Connects to the round
under-hood plug. (R5/SRS-16) connects to the under-dash plug (R5/SRS-U)
covers both. (see note 1)
- Compatible Makes & Nations: BMW only / all
- Diagnostic range: Reads BMW airbag fault
codes that trigger the Airbag warning light
- Reset Functions: Resets the airbag fault
codes and warning light
- Communication: Will not program or disturb
- Construction: High impact plastic, gold
plated internal connections; 16 bit CPU
- Documentation: 24 page, printed paper, code
definition / user manual
- Storage Case: Included
Note 1: In cars with dual connectors
(under-dash + under-hood) the car s under-dash plug has no reset connections! So
you MUST use the under-hood tool.
(Example: All BMWs 1996 1999, All Z3s and all 740i s regardless of year are
dual connector cars. Also note that X5 s and many three series, up to mid 2001,
are dual connector). Check the car before ordering.
Peake Tool Functionality Checklist:
- Easy Operation: Yes (extremely)
- Read BMW Proprietary SRS airbag codes: Yes
- Read the same codes the dealer sees: Yes
- Read the same number of SRS codes as
dealer s tool: yes
- Safe for my car: Yes, it s fool proof
even for a determined fool
- Broad compatibility range: Yes specs
- Reset the SRS indicator light: Yes
- Include everything you need to read and
reset SRS codes: Yes
- Include a code manual with definitions: Yes
- Include a 90-day warranty: Yes
- Work only on BMWs: Yes
- Let you check and reset codes at your
- Instructions printed right on the tool: Yes
- Operate without interface cables, software,
or PC: Yes
- Low Cost: Yes
- Work with Non-US spec BMWs: Yes
- Never use the R5/SRS to reset the Airbag
light without first checking and understanding the code.
- Always disconnect the main car battery
before servicing or repairing the SRS/Airbag system.
- Never service, repair or troubleshoot your
Airbag/SRS system while a person is in the car. This includes use of the
R5/SRS or any other SRS related tool.
- Keep your head and body at least 24 inches
from any airbag while servicing, repairing or troubleshooting the SRS
system. This includes use of the R5/SRS or any other SRS related tool.
- Always double check your repair by driving
the car over 15 MPH and then re-checking the code.
- Many repairs to malfunctioning or damaged
SRS hardware require proper training and equipment and should not be
- Read entire R5/SRS Owners Manual before use.
- Buy and Use at your own risk.