Recommended by leading service manuals (Bentley, Mitchell, Haynes, All-Data, Chilton s, etc.)
- Affordable Priced similar to a dealer s diagnostic fee
- Compact Fits in your glove box
- Reads BMW Proprietary factory airbag codes specific to your car
- Resets Airbag Warning Light
- Very easy to use takes less than 30 seconds
- Includes easy to read code chart and instruction manual
- 90-Day Manufacturer's Parts & Labor Warranty
- No Wasted Time!
For your specific application, please: Click Here
Airbag/SRS warning lights are a fact of life in repair and body shops, alarm and stereo installer shops and at the race track. Without the Peake Research R5/SRS-16 tool, a BMW SRS light will result in a visit to a BMW dealer.
Why do I need a specialized tool?
Quite simply the Airbag (SRS) system employs a number of very sensitive components all designed to keep you safe in the event of an impact. To ensure reliability, BMW incorporated sophisticated self-diagnostics into the SRS system. Any minor fault will trigger the SRS dash light and generate a fault code. Since generic scanners, such as OBDII, do not speak BMW s proprietary code language, a tool such as the Peake R5/SRS will be necessary to read and reset the codes and light.
Safety Notice: Who should and should not use the R5/SRS-16?
As mentioned above, repair and body shops, alarm and stereo installer shops and weekend racers enjoy the greatest benefit of the R5/SRS. However, from a safety perspective, most BMW owners should not attempt SRS repairs, as these often require proper training and equipment. In such cases, the value in the R5/SRS-16 is in reading codes so you will know what to expect when you visit a mechanic.
A trusted 20-year reputation:
Since 1989, Peake Tools have been the industry-standard when it comes to electronic diagnostics and reset tools for BMWs. Peake Research s professional quality tools are simply unsurpassed in value, reliability, ease of use and accuracy. Since 1992, if you open a leading BMW service manual, like Robert Bentley, Mitchell, Haynes, Chilton s, you will see the tools of Peake Research pictured and recommended.
Connect, Select & Go!
Taking less than 30 seconds to use, the R5/SRS-16 requires no batteries, no additional cables, no connectors, no laptop, no software to learn, no special interfaces or downloads. It can only be plugged into one spot, one way. It is truly fool proof - compares in ease with checking your oil, pumping your own gas, etc.
Ordering is easy:
The R5-SRS-16 is available for your 2000 - 2003 BMW. Your order will include everything you need to read and reset engine codes, as well as a full parts & labor Manufacturer's Warranty. Start enjoying the pinpoint accuracy of factory codes today, order your R5/SRS-16 now!
- Size: 3.25" x 1.75" diameter
- Weight: 177g (8.7oz)(with manual and case)
- Compatibility (years): 1994-2003 (see Connection next and note 1)
- Connection: (R5/SRS) Connects to the round under-hood plug. (R5/SRS-16) connects to the under-dash plug (R5/SRS-U) covers both. (see note 1)
- Compatible Makes & Nations: BMW only / all nations
- Diagnostic range: Reads BMW airbag fault codes that trigger the Airbag warning light
- Reset Functions: Resets the airbag fault codes and warning light
- Communication: Will not program or disturb existing firmware
- Construction: High impact plastic, gold plated internal connections; 16 bit CPU
- Documentation: 24 page, printed paper, code definition / user manual
Note 1: In cars with dual connectors (under-dash + under-hood) the car s under-dash plug has no reset connections! So you MUST use the under-hood tool.
(Example: All BMWs 1996 1999, All Z3s and all 740i s regardless of year are dual connector cars. Also note that X5 s and many three series, up to mid 2001, are dual connector). Check the car before ordering.
Peake Tool Functionality Checklist:
- Easy Operation: Yes (extremely)
- Read BMW Proprietary SRS airbag codes: Yes
- Read the same codes the dealer sees: Yes
- Read the same number of SRS codes as dealer s tool: yes
- Safe for my car: Yes, it s fool proof even for a determined fool
- Broad compatibility range: Yes specs
- Reset the SRS indicator light: Yes
- Include everything you need to read and reset SRS codes: Yes
- Include a code manual with definitions: Yes
- Include a 90-day warranty: Yes
- Work only on BMWs: Yes
- Let you check and reset codes at your convenience: Yes
- Instructions printed right on the tool: Yes
- Operate without interface cables, software, or PC: Yes
- Low Cost: Yes
- Work with Non-US spec BMWs: Yes
- Never use the R5/SRS-16 to reset the Airbag light without first checking and understanding the code.
- Always disconnect the main car battery before servicing or repairing the SRS/Airbag system.
- Never service, repair or troubleshoot your Airbag/SRS system while a person is in the car. This includes use of the R5/SRS-16 or any other SRS related tool.
- Keep your head and body at least 24 inches from any airbag while servicing, repairing or troubleshooting the SRS system. This includes use of the R5/SRS-16 or any other SRS related tool.
- Always double check your repair by driving the car over 15 MPH and then re-checking the code.
- Many repairs to malfunctioning or damaged SRS hardware require proper training and equipment and should not be attempted otherwise.
- Read entire R5/SRS-16 Owners Manual before use.
- Buy and Use at your own risk.