The AutoBoss V30 Deluxe Scan Tool is manufactured and distributed by Bosch through the OTC / SPX Tools division. The OTC division is a major tool manufactuer serving both the aftermarket repair industry and OEM dealer repair industry. OTC offers all kinds of hand tools, special dealership only tools, diagnostic scan tools, heavy truck repair equipment and more. OTC (The One Tool) division, provides tech support for the AutoBoss V30 scantool through a toll free telephone number. This tech support is free to all owners of Autoboss scan tools for the life of the product. This is a great benefit because these OTC tech support technicians are seasoned scan tool experts and can solve most issues involving operation, capability, and repair of the AutoBoss V30 scan tools.
AutoBoss sells two main products, the AutoBoss V30 Deluxe (Part # OTC-3100-LX) and the AutoBoss V30 Pro (Part # OTC-3100-PRO). These products are identical excpet, the AutoBoss V30 Pro is bundled with a mini thermal printer with one roll of thermal paper. This mini printed allows you to print out customer vehicle specific problem reports that can be given to the customer to prove what the trouble codes are that are causing the customer complaint.
The V30 Deluxe & Pro scanners covers a full range of vehicle manufacturers from the 1980's to the current model year. The list of vehicle manufacturers covered includes: Acura, Alfa Romeo, AUDI, BeiJing-Daimler-Chrysler, BMW, BMW-MINI, BYD, Chana, Chery, Chrysler, Dodge, Jeep, Citroen, Daewoo, Dfnissan-China, Emgrand, Fiat, Ford-America, Ford-Australia, Ford-Europe, Geely, Gleagle, GM (Buick, Cadillac, Chevrolet, GMC, Hummer, Pontiac), GWM, Holden, Honda, HuachenN, Hyundai, Infinity, Isuzu, Isuzu-Thailand, Jaguar, Kia, Lancia, LandRover, Lexus, Lifan, Lifan-Pro, Lontaxi, Mazda, Mercedes Benz, Mitsubishi, Nissan, OBDII (OBD 2), Opel, Perodua, Peugeot, Porsche, Proton, Renault, Saab, Seat, Skoda, Smart, SsangYong, Subaru, Suzuki, Toyota, Vauxhall, Volvo, VW (Volkswagen). Also, the AutoBoss V30 has both OBD-I connector cables in addition to the universal OBD-II cable. The OBD-I connector cables consist of about 20 different cables. Each cable is maufacturer specific and can only be used for a particular vehicle brand. The OBD-I cables were in use from the early 1980's to 1995 for domestic, european and asian vehicle brands. In 1996 the OBD-II standard was developed and implimented worldwide and now only one OBD-II connector is required to connecot to all brands of vehicles.
The AUTOBOSS V30 scanner is an automotive diagnostic tool with dealer level (OEM or factory) OBD-II diagnostics for the independent auto repair shop in one simple and affordable tool. The vehicle diagnostic capability of the AutoBoss V30 includes the following:
1. OBD-II Code Reader: This tool can read and display the definiton of any OBD-II fault code including generic and manufacturer specific codes. The first character in the AutoBoss V30 OBD-II DTC code displayed on the screen defines the source of the problem and where to search of it. The letter "P" means "powertrain" problem and orresponds to an engine problem. The letter "C" means "Chassis" problem and this codes corresponds with problems found in the chassis electrical wiring & controllers. The lettter "B" means "Body" related code and corresponds with body mounted wiring, controllers, actuators, sensors and motors. The letter "U" means means network communication
failure and could be associated with a faulty control module, broken CAN (computer area network cable), or currupted control module calibration software. This list of DTC code code types represents all the codes that can be viewed for every system monitored over the entire vehicle.
2. Live data and graphing is available on-screen. The user can select any source streaming data generated by the vehicle ECU or controller and view it on the screen. For example, the engine speed (tachometer) can be viewed and graphed on the screen. Any output data signal can be viewed this way on the screen real time while the vehicle is running.
3. Control of solinoids, stepper motors, and system functions. The user can turn on and off the windshield wipers, cooling fans, lock/unlock the doors, shift the vehicle in and out of various gears, pop the trunk, turn on the radio, open automatic sliding doors, etc. This control of every system on the vehicle is essential for fast and accurate diagnosis of the vehicle problem. Control module adaptations allow the Autoboss to turn off service lights, reset control modules back to original factory settings, reset mileage counters and time counters, etc. For example the AutoBoss can initiate Nissan idle speed adaptation procedures and immobilizer system generation III adaptation on Volkswagens. The AutoBoss had TPMS (Tire pressure Monitor System) adaption capability and can reporgram TPMS sensors.
4. Key programming capability allows for new keys or key control module to communicate with eachother again so the car can be started with the key and controlled with the remote control key FOB. Alo available is the control of the electronic parking brake, instrment cluster, and more.
5. Large color touch screen with intuitive menus and display windows. This simple interface reduces the stress on the technician and speds up the repair of the car or light truck.
6. Optional mini thermal printer is mentioed above and assists in communicating vehicle poroblems to the customer.
7. Consistant updates of manufacturer specific diagnostic information allow for additional vehicle systems to be accessed, controlled and diagnosed. The AutoBoss diagnostic database updates adds new systems, new model years, and software functions all the time. Currently, OTC is giving away two free years of internet based updates with the purchase of the AutoBoss Deluxe or Pro ScanTool. The two free years up updates offer is scheduled to expire on December 31, 2013. However, this expiration date may be moved forward by OTC as in pervious years.
8. Live phone based tech support from OTC by expert technicians for the entire life of the tool. The OTC technicans can help you with understanding how to update your scantool, how to register your scantool, how to use your AutoBoss scanner, how to find specific ways to control your vehicle or access specific data streams, how to get repair service for your AutoBoss if it breaks or is damaged in the field.
9. All OBD-I & OBD-II cables and adapters are included in both the AytoBoss V30 Deluxe and Pro units. These cables are mentioned in greated detail above.
10. CAN (Compter Area Network) communications capability allows the user to navigate from one control mdule to another by way of the CAN. Also, the user can test the CAN conections to determine if each control module is communicating over the CAN.
11. A "Quick Test Function" is available to diagnose the entire vehicle in one test. This eliminates a lot of wasted time required to test each controller and each system on the vehicle.
12. Initiate special or functional tests on many different systems on the vehicle. Some tests can be initiated by instructing the control module in question to test itself. Other tests, such as the "quick test function" are initiated by the AutoBoss scantool. The AutoBoss has the capability to run both kinds of tests.
13. ECU Coding or Programming allows the user to reset control modules back to thier original configuration and eliminate any corrupt programming that could have been introduced by an event such as a vehicle crash, water flood, electrical system short, or other poblem.
14. Currently, languages available on the AutoBoss are English & Spanish.
15. The AutoBoss V30 coverage includes over 57 manufacturers and up to 148 systems in some vehicles. This scan tool will work in any country that conforms to the OBD-II standard. These countries include Asia (certian contries), Europe (most NATO countries), China (certian brands of vehicles), America (North & South) & Australia. COuntries such as Russia (other eastern European countries), Japan, North Korea, and some other countries use diagnostic protocols that are different than the OBD-II protocoll used in the rest of the world.
16. Factory Scan Tools are used by the OEM manufacturers to diagnose vehicles in the factory and in the dealerships. The AutoBoss has 80% to 90% of the functions and capability of the original oem scan tools on many car brands. The capability fluctuates depending on the brand of the vehicle. The AutoBoss supports all 5 OBDII protocols and 9 modes. CAN-BUS diagnostics are supported on most brands including
Volkswagen, Audi, Ford, Mazda, Nissan, Hyundai & Kia.
17. The AutoBoss power supply can be plugged into AC, 110V AC, 60Hz and 250V AC 50Hz wall plugs. This means you can use the AutoBoss in Europe, USA or any other country with the AC power availablity listed above. The output voltage that powers the AutoBoss is 8-12V DC