Today's Technician Advanced Automotive Electronic Systems ASE Manual & Shop Manual, 2 Volume Set, 1st Edition
TODAY'S TECHNICIAN: ADVANCED AUTOMOTIVE ELECTRONIC SYSTEMS, is the ideal book to prepare readers to excel in today's automotive repair industry. This book is an extension of the popular "Today's Technician" series that covers all mechanical and electrical systems of automobiles and light trucks. It is divided into two volumes: a Classroom Manual and a Shop Manual. The Classroom Manual contains the principles of operation for the most advanced electrical systems used today and covers design variations of components used by the different vehicle manufacturers and provides readers the opportunity to transfer important capabilities to improve their performance. The Shop Manual covers the diagnostic processes for proper repairs and focuses more on the diagnostics of the components used within a system than on how to replace the component. It also guides readers toward finding the root cause of the problem, concentrating their attention on becoming a diagnostician and not a "parts changer", thereby enhancing their ability to fix products right the first time.
- Includes ten short answer essay, ten fill-in-the blank and ten ASE-Style multiple-choice questions after each chapter to accurately assess the student's competence in the objectives stated at the beginning of the chapter.
- Contains Service Tips that provide the student with information on when a special procedure or short cut can be used and represent things an experienced technician might do.
- Uses realistic case studies at the conclusion of each chapter to reinforce the thought process and test procedures just discussed in the text.
- Includes Job Sheets at the end of every chapter that guide students through common diagnostic procedures that they are likely to encounter as professional technicians.
1. Introduction to Electronic Systems.
2. Practical Theories and Laws.
3. Computer Systems.
4. Vehicle Communication Networks.
5. Supplemental Airbag Systems.
6. Driver and Passenger Comfort Systems.
7. Electronic Stability and Roll-Over Mitigation Systems.
8. Driver Assistance Systems.
9. Infotainment Systems.
10. Alternate Propulsion Systems.
11. Glossary of Terms.
2. Special Tools and Advanced Diagnostic Procedures.
3. Computer Systems Diagnostics.
4. Diagnosing Vehicle Communication Systems.
5. Supplemental Airbag System Diagnosis.
6. Diagnosing Driver and Passenger Comfort Systems.
7. Diagnosing Electronic Sabability and Roll-Over Mitigations Systems.
8. Diagnosing Driver Assistance Systems.
9. Diagnosing Infotainment Systems.
10. Hybrid and High-Voltage System Service.
11. Glossary of Terms.