<p class="description" "="">Today's Technician: Automotive Engine Perforamnce 6th Edition, Newest Edition from Cengage/Delmar Learning!
The 6th Edition of TODAY’S TECHNICIAN: AUTOMOTIVE ENGINE PERFORMANCE is a comprehensive learning package designed to build automotive skills in both classroom and shop settings. Following current NATEF criteria, this two-manual set examines each of the major systems affecting engine performance and driveability—including intake and exhaust, sensors, computerized engine controls, fuel ignition, and emissions. The Classroom Manual addresses system theory, while a coordinating Shop Manual covers tools, procedures, diagnostics, testing, and service. This edition includes updates to the latest technologies, as well as a collection of electronic teaching supplements that take automotive technician training to new levels.
- Describe the key features (e.g. a chapter in the TOC, a feature to spotlight, a supplement to call out, and technology to mention) instructors will want to be aware of.
- Correlates with the current NATEF A8 Standard for Engine Performance, as well as ASE Certification criteria; the 6th Edition fully prepares learners with the latest information available on the market.
- The 6th Edition of TODAY’S TECHNICIAN: AUTOMOTIVE ENGINE PERFORMANCE, 6th Edition has been updated to focus on the latest advances in automotive technologies, such as electronic controls.
- ASE-style questions and an ASE sample exam give readers the extra practice they need to prepare for certification; NATEF correlations on the applicable Job Sheets, and a NATEF correlation chart for the chatper content help instructors and programs ensure proper coverage for certification requirements
- Supplements available with the 6th Edition include enhanced PowerPoint™ slides with animations and video clips, chapter tests in ExamView, Image Library, Instructor Guide, Job Sheets, WebTutor® Advantage cartridges for Blackboard ® and Angel Learning Management Systems, and CourseMate interactive learning tools.
Table of Contents:
PART I: CLASSROOM MANUAL
1. Overview of Engine Performance.
2. Basic Theories.
3. Engine Design and Operation.
4. Electricity and Electronics.
5. Intake and Exhaust Systems.
6. Input Sensors.
7. Fuel Systems.
8. Electronic Fuel Injection Systems.
9. Distributor Ignition.
10. Electronic Ignition (EI) Systems.
11. Emission Control Systems.
12. Computer Outputs and Networks.
13. OBD II.
14. Related Systems.
PART II: SHOP MANUAL
1. Tools and Safety.
2. Typical Shop Procedures and Equipment.
3. General Engine Condition Diagnosis.
4. Basic Electrical Tests and Service.
5. Intake and Exhaust System Diagnosis and Service.
6. Engine Control System Diagnosis and Service.
7. Fuel System Diagnosis and Service.
8. Electronic Fuel Injection Diagnosis and Service.
9. Distributor Ignition System Diagnosis and Service.
10. Electronic Ignition System (EI) Diagnosis and Service.
11. Emission Control System Diagnosis and Service.
12. Servicing Computer Outputs and Networks.
13.On-Board Diagnostic (OBD II)System Diagnostics and Service.
14. Related Systems.
If you have any questions please call us at (989) 839-4877.