Student technicians of truck air conditioning or truck-trailer refrigeration will appreciate the easy-to-follow language this book employs in conveying the foundational concepts of mobile refrigeration. Written in an understandable, straightforward style that integrates the technical jargon used in today s HVAC and truck-trailer refrigeration field, this book delivers extensive information on HVAC and mobile refrigeration technology. State-of-the-art coverage includes a section on thermodynamics that serves as the basis for both truck HVAC systems and mobile refrigeration equipment. General truck technology as well as specialty product information is accompanied by logical photo sequences for maintenance tasks that technicians perform everyday in the field.
- a detailed section on truck-trailer refrigeration includes specific information on transport refrigeration equipment in use today, not found in any other text of its kind
- features coverage of supplemental truck heating and cooling, a concern as governments try to regulate the amount of emissions being produced by the trucking industry
- useful as a one-stop, user-friendly resource provides all relevant material in one complete book
- ASE and NATEF correlations are provided in each chapter where applicable.
- To help put classroom theory into shop practice, each MDT Series title will be offered with a companion Job Sheets manual. The Job Sheets have been thoughtfully designed by experienced instructors to assist users in gaining job preparedness skills and mastering specific technical competencies required for success as a professional diesel technician. While designed to support the MDT Series, the manuals are also useful on their own, or with any comprehensive or area-specific diesel technology text. The manuals reference the NATEF Task List and consist of a set of Job Sheets for each of the following areas: Electrical/Electronic Systems; Heating Ventilation & Air Conditioning Brakes; Suspension and Steering; Hydraulics Diesel Engines; Drive Train Preventative Maintenance Inspection