Beginning with entry-level explanations of the critical systems and advancing to the standard required of ASE L4 and L5 certification testing, this stand-alone book is a first-rate primer in the study of highway truck and trailer brake, suspension, and steering systems. Modular in format, the book s chapters cover basic principles directed to specific, performance-based learning outcomes. Step-by-step photo sequences for many critical shop-based tasks and an emphasis on troubleshooting help learners make the connection between conceptual and hands-on learning.
- an excellent preparation guide for certification testing that covers the ASE T4 (Truck brakes) and T5 (Truck suspension and steering) task learning objectives
- features comprehensive coverage of the components, systems, and testing procedures required to effectively work on truck brakes, suspension, front-end, and steering systems
- personal and shop safety practices are integrated throughout, and compliance and inspection issues are addressed in those chapters dealing with critical safety systems including brakes, wheel-end, tires, and suspensions
- provides an assortment of test questions that are both conceptual and ASE task-oriented
- a comprehensive glossary helps readers navigate the book without stumbling over key words and definitions
- To help put classroom theory into shop practice, each MDT Series title will be offered with a companion Job Sheets manual. The Job Sheets have been thoughtfully designed by experienced instructors to assist users in gaining job preparedness skills and mastering specific technical competencies required for success as a professional diesel technician. While designed to support the MDT Series, the manuals are also useful on their own, or with any comprehensive or area-specific diesel technology text. The manuals reference the NATEF Task List and consist of a set of Job Sheets for each of the following areas: Electrical/Electronic Systems; Heating Ventilation & Air Conditioning Brakes; Suspension and Steering; Hydraulics Diesel Engines; Drive Train Preventative Maintenance Inspection