This Service Repair Manual provides service information and specifications for 5 Series (E34 E39 E60 E61) 1987 1988 1989 1990 1991 1992 1993 1994 1995 1996 1997 1998 1999 2000 2001 2002 2003 2004 2005 2006 2007 2008 518i thru 560i & M5 vehicles. Whether you're a professional technician or a do-it-yourselfer, this manual will help you understand, maintain, and repair systems on 5 Series cars.
- E34 1987 - 1997 518i 518g 520i 524td 525i 525ix 525td 525tds 530i M5
- E39 1995 - 2004 520i 520d 523i 525i 525d 525td 525tds 528i 530i 530d
- E39 1995 - 2004 535i 540i M5
- E60 2002 - 2008 520i 520d N43 523i 523Li 525i 525d 525Li 525xd 525xi 528i
- E60 2002 - 2008 528xi 530i 530d 530Li 530xd 530xi 535i 535xi 535d 540i
- E60 2002 - 2008 545i 550i M5
- E61 2003 - 2008 520i 520d 523i 525i 525xi 525d 525xd 530i 530xi 530d
- E61 2003 - 2008 530xd 535xi 535d 545i 550i M5
Repair Manual Features:
- Detailed, comprehensive step-by-step repair procedures, explanations, and illustrated diagrams for the whole vehicle.
- Includes all major and minor service, repair and maintenance procedures. Complete preventive maintenance procedures from the yearly brake fluid change to resetting the oil service indicator and oxygen sensor lights. This manual tells you what to do, how and when to do it and why it's important.
- Wiring Diagrams spanning the entire wiring harness. Large, easy-to-read wiring schematics for major circuits, along with a full listing of ground points, connector and splice locations, and electronic component locations.
- Electrical Troubleshooting Manuals (1982-2001): Includes wiring diagrams and connector views along with step-by-step electrical diagnostic procedures.
- Comprehensive Engine Management information specific to driveability problems, including troubleshooting electronically-controlled idle speed faults that are frequently misdiagnosed.
- Troubleshooting tips with fast, proven repair procedures used by professional technicians and specialists.
- Critical updates and hard-to-find information from dealer service bulletins.
- Complete procedures and specifications for rebuilding engines and transmissions.
Parts Manual Features:
- Exploded View Parts Catalog Covers Entire vehicle with all optional content.
- Includes descriptions, part numbers and part prices.
- Electrical Wiring Manual
- Service Specifications
- Diagnostic Trouble Codes with Repair Procedures
- Engine Mechanical
- Emission Control
- Engine Performance
- Fuel Systems
- Cooling Systems
- Charging System
- Manual Transmission
- Automatic Transmission
- Transfer Case
- Propeller Shaft
- Suspension & Axle
- Restraint System
- Body Electrical
- Air Conditioning
- Instrument Cluster
- Remote Control
- Navigation & Radio
- Appearance & Care
Compatible Operating Systems: