Bentley Publishers is proud to announce the publication of the BMW Z3 Service Manual: 1996 1997 1998 1999 2000 2001 2002. This repair manual supersedes our 1996 through 1998 BMW Z3 repair manual with four more model years of coverage and repair information for the Z3 Roadster, Z3 Coupe, M Roadster and M Coupe. With extensive new information as well as revisions throughout, this book is the comprehensive source of service information and technical specifications available for the BMW Z3 Roadster and Coupe.
Though the do-it-yourself BMW owner will find this manual indispensable as a source of detailed maintenance and repair information, the BMW owner who has no intention of working on his or her car will find that reading and owning this manual will make it possible to discuss repairs more intelligently with a professional technician.
Models, engines, and engine management systems covered in this BMW repair manual:
Z3 Roadster, Z3 Coupe
- M44 engine with Bosch DME M5.2 (4-cyl.)
- M52 engine with Siemens DME MS 41.1 (6-cyl.)
- M52 TU engine with Siemens DME MS 42.1 (6-cyl.)
- M54 engine with Siemens DME MS 43.0 (6-cyl.)
M Roadster, M Coupe:
- S52 engine with Siemens DME MS 41.1 (6-cyl.)
- S54 engine with Siemens DME MS S54 (6-cyl.)
Manual Transmissions Covered:
- Getrag S5D 250 G
- ZF S5D 310 Z
Automatic Transmissions Covered:
- A4S 270 R
- A5S 360 R
- A5S 390 R
- Maintenance procedures from brake fluid changes to interpreting the malfunction indicator light (MIL). This manual tells you what to do, how and when to do it, and why it is important.
- Engine and cylinder head service, including valve clearance adjustment on the S54 engine.
- Information for specific driveability problems, including explanation of engine management systems and OBD II (On-Board Diagnostics II).
- Theory of operation and repair information for Bosch DME M5.2, Siemens DME MS 41.1, MS 42.1, MS 43.0, and MS S54 engine management, DISA (dual resonance intake system), resonance/turbulence intake manifold and single and double VANOS (Variable Camshaft Timing).
- Drivetrain maintenance, troubleshooting, adjustment and repair, including hydraulic clutch, gearshift linkage, and driveshaft.
- Heating and air conditioning repair, including A/C component replacement.
- Body adjustments and repairs, including convertible top replacement and adjustment.
- Wiring schematics and extensive electrical component section specifying power distribution, grounds, and component locations with detailed illustrations and photos.
- Comprehensive BMW factory tolerances, wear limits, adjustments, and tightening torques that you have come to expect from Bentley manuals.