Model Years: 1999 2000 2001 2002 2003 2004 2005
Models Covered: Porsche 911 Carrera Type 996 (Carrera, Carrera 4, Carrera 4S)
Manual Type: Bentley Factory Service Repair Workshop Manual
Silver award winner for Book Writing: Technical, How-To-Do-It at the 22nd International Automotive Media Competition
The full-color Porsche 911 Carrera (Type 996) Service Manual: 1999-2005 is a comprehensive source of service information and specifications for Porsche 911 (Type 996) Coupe, Targa and Convertible models from 1999 to 2005. The aim throughout this manual has been simplicity and clarity, with practical explanations, step-by-step procedures and useful specifications. Whether you're a professional or a do-it-yourself Porsche owner, this manual will help you understand, care for and repair your Porsche.
Click here to view an excerpt from this manual:
Exterior Lights 94-11
Headlight assembly, removing and installing
Although the do-it-yourself Porsche owner will find this manual indispensable as a source of detailed maintenance and repair information, the Porsche owner who has no intention of working on his or her car will find that reading and owning this manual makes it possible to discuss repairs more intelligently with a professional technician.
- 1999-2005 911 Carrera, Carrera 4, Carrera 4S
- 1999-2001: 3.4 liter (M96.01, M96.02, M96.04)
- 2002-2005: 3.6 liter (M96.03)
- G96 (6-speed manual)
- A96 (5-speed automatic)
Important technical coverage note
- Full-color repair manual pages (black and white electrical section).
- Maintenance procedures for everything from flushing front and rear differential fluids to replacing the interior ventilation microfilter. This manual tells you what to do and when to do it.
- Step-by-step engine and cylinder head removal and installation.
- Cooling system filling and bleeding, coolant pump replacement and engine cooling fan and radiator service.
- Fuel injection and ignition system service, including explanation of different Bosch DME engine management systems.
- Clutch, flywheel and rear main seal service.
- Front and rear drive train service, including front (C4) and rear differential service.
- Brakes, steering, suspension and ABS maintenance, troubleshooting and repair.
- Heating and air-conditioning repair, including A/C component replacement.
- Body adjustments and repairs.
- Convertible top service, including convertible top hydraulic motor and microswitch replacement and a diagnostic fault code table.
- Electrical system service, with an easy-to-use illustrated component locator section.
- Wiring schematics for selected models, with power distribution, grounds, convertible top and other hard to find circuits.