ScanTool Pocket PC-based
(Please note that expansion interfaces (EI01 - EI17) will NOT work with Pocket PC or Palm. We highly recommend you consider the PC based solution, ST06.)
The software is a complete OBD-II implementation. Something we offer that the others don t:
- Bi-directional support. You have the ability to initiate system and component tests 1
- Reporting of Monitored Test Results (Mode 6). Fully translated and scaled for 29 vehicle manufacturers 1
- Full support for Bluetooth PDAs 2
- CAN 6x Mode
- Support for the new extended sensor list (83 sensors--supporting the EOBD 2005 additions)
- Wide-band O2 sensor support 1
- View O2 sensor test results and zoom to "known good" presets
- PC and PDA file exchange. View and print files created from any ScanTool platform
- Most importantly ALL FOUR vehicle interfaces. This is a savings of hundreds of dollars over the competitors unit
With our latest software release comes powerful features professionals can use to make their job easier. Independent service shops and emissions training and testing centers will enjoy the ability to print DTC/Freeze Frame, Emissions reports, and IM/Mode 6 information color-coded and fully formatted. Those without access to manufacturer service guides will enjoy the fully translated and scaled Mode 6 data and the built-in TSB library.
Just because your Windows Pocket PC/Mobile device is small doesn't mean it isn't powerful. The PDA versions of our product have the same feature set as the PC version. We designed ScanTool so that the user-interface would perform and look the same as the PC. The savable configuration files, data logs, and saved reports can be viewed on the PDA or the PC. With ScanTool, you get platform compatibility while still leveraging the power of the PDAs.
With AutoEnginuity s ScanTool you have the ability to view all 11 of the inspection/maintenance (IM) system test results. These system tests can also be used to determine if the work performed fixed the problem or whether the vehicle will pass your local OBD-II-based emissions tests. Should a system test fail, you can see individual component results (Mode 6); fully translated and the data results scaled per the manufacturer s own specifications. 1
Having trouble finding an intermittent issue? Data logging can be done in two different formats: 1) XML for browsers; and 2) CSV for spreadsheets. With our proprietary logging methods you can log up to nine sensors with 1ms of accuracy. Whether you logged in XML or CSV, you have the ability to playback and view your logs offline.
ScanTool gives you the ability to completely configure each individual sensor's sampling rate, ranges, trigger points, units, and scaling value. Now tuners won't have to export their data to a spreadsheet to convert real-time data from A/D counts to Vs or back again. Simply change the scaling value. Once you have your sensors completely configured, save the whole vehicle configuration. With a single-click, the saved vehicle configuration file can launch the ScanTool, connect to the vehicle, and restore the user-interface as when you left it last.
It's important to have the right tools for the job. Don't waste your time with tools that require you to look-up codes in a book, that can't display the data in graphs, and aren't capable of being configured or updated. With AutoEnginuity's ScanTool you will have full diagnostic code descriptions displayed, visually preview live sensor data in three convenient formats, and enjoy the ability to configure and update your ScanTool as vehicle manufacturer's interfaces change. Buy the one tool that will help you diagnose all your OBD-II compliant vehicles, buy AutoEnginuity's ScanTool.
1 Support for this feature is vehicle dependant.
2 Sold separately.
What AutoEnginuity's ScanTool can do:
- Read Stored and Pending Diagnostic Trouble Codes (including manufacturer specific codes)
- Read and clear Freeze Frame data
- Clear the Check Engine or Service Engine Soon indicator
- View live vehicle sensors in a grid, graph or meter format
- View oxygen sensor live data and test results
- View all 11 Inspection/Maintenance and Mode 6 data
- Configurible data logging of live vehicle sensors in XML or CSV file formats
- Run and query specific component and system tests
- View generic and manufacturer enhanced data on the same tool
- Configure the interface to suit your preferences and save them for later
1996 and newer passenger vehicles whether it be domestic, Asian, or European.
SAE interfaces: J1850 (PWM and VPW), ISO-9141-2, ISO-14230 [KWP2000], and CAN [11Bit and 29Bit]
- Windows Pocket PC 2002/2003 operating system (V4.2 Only)
- Windows Mobile 2003SE/2005 operating systems (V4.4+)
- Windows Mobile 5/6
- 64 MB of free ROM space
- The required serial sync cable is NOT provided. Please contact your Pocket PC vendor for the correct serial sync cable. HP 19xx series do not support a full serial interface as required, and will not work. Special-case requirements for the following Pocket PC handhelds.
The ScanTool package consists of:
- AutoEnginuity's ScanTool software
- AutoEnginuity's OBD-II vehicle interface
- User Guide (on CD-ROM)
- Quick Installation Guide