Bentley Publishers is proud to announce the publication of original Volkswagen Official Factory Manual. These repair manuals contain a comprehensive archive of the factory information as originally published by Volkswagen of America for North American Dealer Technicians. A must for the Volkswagen enthusiast. This manual includes wiring diagrams.
This GTI, Golf, and Jetta manual covers the model years 1985, 1986, 1987, 1988, 1989, 1990, 1991 and 1992, including Golf and Jetta GL, Golf GT, Jetta GLI and Carat, and 16-valve models. This manual is specifically written to cover models built for sale in the U.S. and Canada only. Wiring Diagrams are included.
Volkswagen and most aftermarket parts suppliers specializing in Volkswagens refer to the Jettas, Golfs, and GTIs covered by this manual as the A2 models. The code "A2" is Volkswagen’s internal code for the basic platform shared by all of the cars covered by this manual. When ordering parts, especially body parts, knowing the A2 code may be helpful.
This manual is organized so that, whenever possible when a change has been made within a model year the vehicle identification number (VIN) is given for the first car with this change. The VIN consists of a seventeen-digit code stamped on the car, for example 1 VWDB917XFV000001. Each of these 17 letters and numbers indicates certain facts about the car and its manufacture. For example, the numbers in the 7th and 8th spaces indicate the model. The letter in the 1Oth space indicates model year. The next letter, the 11th, indicates where the car was made ("V" is for U.S.-built cars, "W" is for German-built cars, and "M" is for cars built in Mexico). For parts and service information you will usually need only the last eleven digits of the VIN-in this case the digits 17XFV000001. Your Volkswagen’s VIN is found on the left doorjamb and on a plate mounted on the driver’s side of the instrument panel padding where the number can be seen through the windshield.
- Fundamental automotive concepts, including explanations of basic troubleshooting, safe and effective workshop practices, and tools.
- Complete tune-up specifications, plus troubleshooting and repair of the electronic ignition system and knock sensors.
- Engine and cylinder head service, repair and reconditioning, including Turbo diesel and ECO diesel.
- Troubleshooting and repair of CIS, CIS-E, Digifant I and Digifant II fuel injection systems and the CIS-E Motronic engine management system.
- Emission control tests, repairs and adjustments, including testing and replacing the oxygen sensor, and resetting the OXS warning light.
- Automatic and manual transmission maintenance, troubleshooting, adjustment and repair, and manual transmission rebuilding.
- Full suspension and steering adjustment and repair, including power steering.
- Disc and drum brake reconditioning and repair, plus troubleshooting and repair of the Anti-lock braking system (ABS).
- Body adjustments and repairs, including sunroof.
- Complete electrical system troubleshooting and repair, including electrical current flow diagrams.
- Comprehensive Volkswagen factory tolerances, wear limits, adjustments, and tightening torque specifications.
Table of Contents:
- Lubrication and Maintenance
- Engine Cooling System
- Fuel System-Gasoline
- Fuel System-Diesel
- Exhaust System and Emission Controls
- Manual Transmission and Clutch
- Automatic Transmission
- Suspension and Steering
- Body and Interior
- Electrical System
- Current Flow Diagrams
For Shipping Rates Please Click Here (A new window will open — simply close window to continue shopping.)