The VCDS is not an OE-tool but it deserves special recognition... in some ways it's better than the OE tool.
The VAG-COM Diagnostic System (VCDS) Pro-Kit is powerful enough and inexpensive enough to be useful to any technician that works on Volkswagen, Audi, SEAT and Skoda:
* Independent Repair Shops
* Dealership Technicians
* Transmission Specialists
Yes, the VCDS performs all necessary EPB functions in VW/Audi models!
Use the VCDS SRI Reset function to reset the Service Interval Reminder (SRI) on Audi and VW. The Service Interval Reminder (SRI) may include oil mileage interval, the service mileage interval, and the service time interval.
The VAG-COM Diagnostic System (VCDS) provides the coverage and depth you expect from an OEM-level tool:
- Is fully compatible with all VW, Audi, Seat and Skoda models 1990 through 2010, including models using a direct CAN connection for diagnostics
- Has a database of more than 9200 fault-codes and measuring-block texts.
- Uses the new 7-Digit PIN/SKC codes to match new keys in all immobilizer equipped VW/Audi/Seat/Skoda models.
- Alter settings normally accesible only to dealerships
- Code replacement modules and select options
- Log and graphs 3 groups of Measuring Blocks at once
- View and log live data
- Accesses all control modules which require proprietary VAG modes running the new KWP-2000 protocols (2001+ Teves Mk.60 ABS, numerous 2002+ modules)
- Displays critical timing information on TDI engines in graphic form
- The VAG-COM Diagnostic System (VCDS) surpasses all other aftermarket tool and rivals the factory tool at a fraction of the cost.
The VAG-COM Diagnostic System (VCDS) also does one thing the factory tool does not: Logging of live data for later analysis. It is also faster and easier to use than the factory tool, even technicians at VW of America use this tool rather than the factory tool.
VAG-COM Diagnostic System (VCDS) will work with 1994-current model year Volkswagens and Audis sold world-wide. It will work with some 1990-1993. It also works with most late-model SEAT, and Skoda models sold in markets other than North America.
VAG-COM Diagnostic System (VCDS) works with VW or Audi vehicles with:
- 16-pin "OBD-II style" Data Link Connector, VAG-COM will definitely work.
- "2x2" Data Link Connection, if there are four wires. If there are only three, it won't.
The Vag-Com works with "chipped" vehicles if the chip-vendor did nothing that interferes with diagnostic functions.
500 MHz or faster PC running Windows 98, 2000, XP, Vista, Win 7 or Win 10 with an available USB port. Windows XP or Vista on a 1 GHz (or faster) PC is preferred.
No longer supported: Windows 95, 98, ME or NT4.
The VCDS software requires less than 100 MB
INCLUDES CF-19 DUAL CORE PANASONIC TOUCHSCREEN TOUGHBOOK READY TO GO
- 6-ft cable with HEX-USB+CAN Intelligent Interface (connects PC's USB to the vehicle)
- 2x2 Adapter for many 1990-1995 vehicles
- 15-ft (5m) Active USB Extension Cable
- VCDS software and Common Diagnostic Information on CD
- Full-Color Printed User's Manual
- Heavy Duty Carrying/Storage Case
- One-year warranty on hardware
- Tech Support 1/year subscription*
- 1-year subscription for phone-based tech support provided by Ross Tech. Renewals will cost $250/year.
We follow strict guidelines to be in Compliance with EULA, End- User License Agreements and we Respect all EULA Agreements. All customer information and purchaser of the product is the registered end user of this product that is shipped. All trademarks are respected and owned by the respective Companies.